We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
Sakuska is a Romanian vegetable spread that is eaten on bread or with potatoes. If you wish do make less, you can reduce the amounts.
1 person made this
IngredientsMakes: 10 jars
- 6 aubergines
- 10 round Hungarian peppers or 7 red peppers and 4 red pointed peppers
- 4 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 10 black peppercorns
- 300 to 400ml sunflower oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
MethodPrep:40min ›Cook:2hr ›Ready in:2hr40min
- Roast the aubergines under the oven grill or on the hob until the skins are blackened and the inside is soft. I do it on the hob, placing 1 or 2 aubergines next to each other and set the heat to medium, then roast for about 8 minutes on each side. Turn the aubergine about 4 times so it gets cooked all around. Sometimes the skin will burst but that does not matter, just keep going. If any liquid gets onto the hob, just wipe it off later when everything has cooled down again.
- Remove the stems of the aubergines, cut them in half and scoop out the flesh. Drain if there is excess liquid. Chop and set to one side.
- Seed the peppers and chop in the food processor and set to a side. Then chop the onions in the food processor.
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot and fry onions until translucent. Add peppers and fry until they start to soften. Add aubergines and increase the heat to medium. Simmer (be careful of splatters!). Press the garlic through the garlic press and add.
- Puree the tomatoes and add with peppercorns, salt, pepper, bay leaves, stock cubes and tomato puree. Simmer until thickened, about 1 hour (less if you make a smaller amount), stirring once in a while to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
- Fill the piping hot spread into sterilized jars and close immediately. Turn the jars upside down to create a vacuum. Cover with a tea towel and let cool overnight.