We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
8 kitchen gadgets that will delight home cooks
David P. Smith/Shutterstock
Imagine the delight on your kitchen-gadget-obsessed friend’s or family member’s face when she digs into her holiday stocking this season to find the perfect kitchen gift awaiting her — that spatula that can be used in five different ways, the vegetable peeler that’s easy to hold and takes up hardly any room in the already overstuffed kitchen drawer, or the cool-looking wine cork that not only looks awesome but also keeps white wine at the perfect temperature.
Click here to see the Great Stocking Stuffer Ideas for the Home Cook Slideshow
Shopping for a home cook can seem daunting with all the products and gizmos available these days. So to help you figure out which items would be absolutely appreciated by your own cook-loving friends and family, we tapped our own kitchen-obsessed friends and asked: What kitchen gadget would you most want to find waiting for you in your stocking this holiday season?
It seems double-duty-pulling, time-saving, compact products are the order of the (holi)day. We’re absolutely green with envy over some of the items they shared — and your friends probably will be, too.
Now excuse us while we go make some changes to our own Christmas stocking list.
26 Last-Minute Stocking Stuffer Ideas
Need last-minute stocking stuffer ideas? All of these gifts can be delivered to your door in just 30 minutes from Gopuff.
Oh no. Your stockings might be hung by the chimney with care, but you just remembered that St. Nicholas is not actually coming to fill them. That’s right—you’re St. Nicholas, and you’re responsible for coming up with stocking stuffer ideas for the family. And of course, Christmas is almost here. But there’s no need to raid the storage closet in search of small “gifts.” That’s because Gopuff can deliver fun stocking stuffers in just 30 minutes.
To make your task less stressful, we curated a list of stocking stuffer ideas for the whole family, from the baby to the cutest member of the house (the dog).
Best Stocking Stuffer Ideas (2021)
From traditional stocking stuffers to Secret Santa gifts to last minute items to check everyone off your list, keep reading for the best stocking stuffer ideas!
Cheap Stocking Stuffer Ideas
- For the Busy Mom: Catchall
- For Dad: Cold Beer Coat
- For the Teen Girl: Hot Water Bottle
- For the Teen Boy: UVC Phone Sanitizer + Charger
- For Kids: Hot Chocolate Toppings
- Practical Stocking Stuffer Idea: Smartwool Socks
- For the Person Who's Hard to Shop For: Hand and Foot Cream Set
- Useful Stocking Stuffer: Stylish Lunch Tote
- Timeless Stocking Stuffer Idea: Glass Carafe
- Foodie Stocking Stuffer: Automatic Pan Stirrer
- Healthy Stocking Stuffer: Avocado Saver
- Naughty Stocking Stuffer Idea: Flask
- Fashionable Stocking Stuffer Idea: Jewelry
- Cute Stocking Stuffer Idea: Heated Slippers
- Personalized Stocking Stuffer Idea: Personalized Charm Necklace
- Stocking Stuffer for the Homebody: Bookends
- Fun Stocking Stuffer: Hard Puzzles
- Tech Stocking Stuffer: Airpod Case
- Stocking Stuffer for Students: Desk Organizers
- Stocking Stuffer for College Graduates: Card Case
- Stocking Stuffer for the Eco Friendly: Stasher Bags
- Travel Stocking Stuffer Idea: Portable Utensil Set
- Stocking Stuffers for the Homebody: Planters
- Funny Stocking Stuffer Idea: Shower Drink Holder
- Stocking Stuffer for Drinkers: Mixology Set
- Unique Stocking Stuffer Idea: Cocktail Picks
- Beauty Stocking Stuffer Idea: Bath Elixir
Give the Gift of Great Seafood
The one thing all of these fabulous cookbooks need is great seafood! At Cameron’s Seafood, we supply only the freshest (and bestest, teehee) seafood around. And any of these fabulous cookbook recipes can be recreated from the seafood available at our online store. Give the gift of seafood this year! The perfect gift companion to a great seafood cookbook.
We’d love to see your friends and family enjoying their Cameron’s Seafood stocking stuffers-share their joy on any of our social pages, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter be sure to tag us @cameronsseafoodonline. Happy Holidays from Cameron’s Seafood!
About the author
Patterson Watkins is a professional chef with over 17 years of experience. With a robust career in restaurants, contract dining and catering (including 4 Summer Olympic posts preparing food for the athletes!) Patterson joined the Cameron’s Seafood team at the end of 2018 to concoct some delicious recipes with our premium seafood items as the centerpiece.
For the Beverage Connoisseur
Double Hinged Waiters Corkscrew – I carry one of these in my purse. No joke. A solid double hinged waiters corkscrew is invaluable for opening a bottle of wine. This one has a great foil cutter, and the double hinge allows you to get better leverage on the cork. Plus it doubles for beer with a built in bottle cap opener.
5 in 1 Wine Stoppers – A few years ago, these little guys changed my life. I have since gifted so many of them, I’ve lost track of who doesn’t have them. It’s an all in one aerator, filter, pourer, re-corker, and stopper. For wine, I’ve found it extends the life of the bottle two to three days if I’m vigilant about using the stopper immediately after opening the bottle. And these stoppers are compatible with 22-ounce beer bottles and many liquor bottles. Win-win-win.
Vacuum Insulated Growler – For the beer aficionado, this growler is essential! It keeps beer cold for 24 hours. It keeps beer carbonated for longer. It’s perfect for taking to a microbrewery. It’s great for camping. And, you can easily label with blue tape to conform with local regulations. I got this as a gift last year, and I can’t even begin to count how many times I’ve used it!
Whisky Stones – Keep your Negroni cold without watering it down. Or your Manhattan, Old Fashioned, or Gin & Tonic. Whatever their beverage of choice may be, these ice alternatives are a great stocking stuffer for you cocktail sipping companion.
12 Stocking Stuffers for the Cook in Your Life
Stocking stuffers can always be a challenge to come up with. For the kids, it’s easy, I just go to the dollar store and find a bunch of random things and they’re happy. For adults, it gets much harder.
I put together a list of some great stocking stuffer ideas for the cook in your life. Or maybe you are the cook, and this list can give you some ideas on what to put on your own Christmas list!
Some of these will be the same items that are on my list of my favorite kitchen gadgets, but they are worth repeating!
Bamboo Cutting Boards
Great for chopping ingredients for your recipes. Bamboo is gentle on knives so they don’t get dull quickly, and is a sustainable option for the kitchen.
I don’t use them often, but when I need something like this, I am so glad I have them. This set comes with 11 cutters, so there’s one for almost any baking need.
Yes, it’s simple, but my can openers get a lot of use and the blade wears down quickly.
There always seems to be one missing, the one you need. It never hurts to have a spare set of measuring spoons.
These can be used for so many things. I always find myself needing a glass jar for something.
For anyone who spends ample time in the kitchen, burns are inevitable. These keep your hands protected while also giving you more functionality than a regular oven mitt.
Can be used for eggs, strawberries, mushrooms, lemons, limes, and so many other things.
These are so versatile, you can use them for almost anything in the kitchen.
This is great for mincing garlic (and ginger) without having to peel it first!
Commonly used for cheese, but can also be used for shredding a variety of foods.
Sometimes, your dry ingredients just need to be sifted to mix up properly.
Something to prop up whatever you use to view your recipes on, and can be moved to any area in the kitchen.
I found all of these items on Amazon, but I’m sure you could find almost all of them at any big store such as Walmart or Target as well. There are quite a few of these things on my Christmas list! And these can all be bought for under $20, most under $10, so they make the perfect stocking stuffers!
Raise your hand if your boy is addicted to Minecraft! Mine are. They would think I was the coolest Mom ever if these books showed up in their stocking!
I’m not sure if this gum is very tasty or not BUT the boys will think it’s so cool because it’s BACON!
63. Blank journals or a planner/calendar for the year to come.
64. Note cards. (A literary version.) Or thank you notes!
65. Notecards that you can color.
66. Pens. (Like Paper Mate Flairs or Sharpies in pretty colors.)
67. Postage stamps, especially the fun limited editions.
68. Pencils. I love the shape of these mechanical pencils for a fancier option go with Tombows.
69. Printable coloring sheets. Narnia, Anne, Jane Austen. Roll like a scroll and tie with a bow.
70. Calligraphy stencil. A fun tool that makes my handwriting look a lot better.
71. Custom library stamp or printed book plates.
72. Pencil case.
73. Bath bubbles. We like to get these and other personal care items through Grove Collaborative get a FREE Mrs. Meyers & Grove Scrubber set with this referral link.
74. Reusable hand warmers.
75. Nail polish.
76. Character band-aids. (Not just for kids! Try these for fun and these for literary types.)
77. Rosebud salve. A perpetual crowd pleaser.
78. Chapstick or lip balm.
79. Hand lotion.
80. Toothbrushes, plain or fancy.
81. Lotion bars.
82. Soap. (You can support refugees by buying through the Preemptive Love Coalition)
Stocking Stuffer Ideas for the Cook
Stocking stuffers can be the most exciting and useful little gifts. And there’s nothing better than getting something for cooking and to help in the kitchen. Stuff those stockings with amazingly useful gifts mostly under $15.
Links below are affiliate links where I might earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
1. Thermoworks Keychain Thermometer
We can’t always bring our favorite instant-read thermometer with us. Oh wait! Yes, we can with this amazingly fun portable version that goes everywhere with you.
2. Lodge Mini Cast Iron Skillet
Warm butter or just a little sauce. Also great for serving dips and fits perfectly in a stocking.
3. Silicone Spatula Set
One little spatula sure can bring a lot of joy all year long. Imagine how useful a set of two would be? I use these things every day.
4. Silicone Ice Cube Trays
The perfect combo to make the ultimate ice shapes for cocktails. A sphere and a large cube.
5. Maldon Sea Salt
Flakey salt that is perfect for finishing a dish or rimming a cocktail. They will think of you with every sprinkle.
6. Reusable Metal Straws
Great for at home and great for taking on the road.
7. Gift Certificate to Snake River Farms
Give them the best steak money can buy while they get to pick out their favorite cut to grill.
8. Kuhn Rikon Original Swiss Peeler
Two for them, one for you. This is one of my favorite little peelers, and the 3 pack is under $8
9. California Wine Club
Give the gift of exceptional award-winning wine from small California wineries that is delivered every month. Don’t forget to remind them to invite you over to enjoy it.
10. Vacu Vin Wine Saver
In the event that there’s wine left in the bottle this is a great way to keep it fresh until it’s time to drink again.
10+ Awesome Stocking Stuffers for Cooks 2018
From gourmet spices to kitchen tools, you are sure to find something that will fit the special cook in your life that loves to make delicious recipes for family and friends.
Mini Prep Bowls (Pinch Bowls)
We have all seen those online cooking shows where all the spices are measured out and ready to be added to the recipe. pinch bowls are an efficient way for cooks to prep in advance, which makes creating delicious dishes much more streamlined.
Every cook knows the value of a good whisk, and these mini whisks are just the right size for tucking into your favorite cook’s Christmas stocking this year.
Many cooks reach for their favorite wooden spoon. From stirring sauces to serving their favorite recipes, you can never have too many wooden spoons.
Basic Kitchen Timers
Many stoves come equipped with a kitchen timer but every cook knows that you can never have too many, especially when you are cooking several different recipes at once.
Whimsical Kitchen Timers
You can add a touch of whimsy to the cook’s Christmas stocking with these fun kitchen timers.
Salt & Pepper Mills
Many cooks prefer seasoning with freshly ground salt and pepper. These salt and pepper grinder sets will also look nice displayed on kitchen counter or table.
Gourmet Spices & Rubs
These gourmet spices and rubs are perfect for adding pizzazz to recipes.
Every chef needs a good set of kitchen knives, and paring knives make the perfect stocking stuffers for cooks. Not only are they a must-have in the kitchen (you can never have too many), they are also the perfect size for tucking in a stocking.
Even your favorite home chef needs a break to unwind with a nice cup of coffee or tea. These coffee mugs are the perfect way to drink their favorite hot beverage.
Cooking meat can be tricky. Overcook it and you end up with something dry and chewy, and under cooking means the risk of food borne illness. That’s why an instant read thermometer is such an important cooking tool for both indoor cooking and grilling.
A ladle is a must for dishing out homemade soups and sauces, and every home cook should have at least one.
These are just a few popular stocking stuffers for cooks on your holiday gift list. Are you a chef or home cook? Comment below and share what you would love to see in your stocking this year!
Pin this stocking stuffers for cooks list and save for later!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
25 Awesome Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Women
1. Bath Bombs- Many women love to relax in a hot bath. This will make their bath in even more luxurious!
2. Jewelry- You can never go wrong with giving a woman jewelry!
3. Clutch- Some women prefer to use clutches instead of purses. Luckily a clutch fits easily in a stocking!
4. Makeup- Lipstick, eye shadow, blush, you name it, you can easily fill up a stocking with different makeup supplies!
5. Perfume- Perfume is always one of the best stocking stuffer ideas for women! Just try to stick with a brand/scent you know your gift recipient usually likes.
6. Sachets- Women love to use pretty scented sachets to make their car, home, or closet smell great!
7. Jewelry Organizer- If you need stocking stuffer ideas for women that have a lot of jewelry, you should consider getting them a ring stand or small necklace/bracelet stand.
8. Picture Frame- Even though most photos are now displayed on the Internet, women still like to print out their favorite photos and put them on display!
9. Phone or Tablet Cover- A cute new smartphone or tablet cover makes a great gift!
10. Wireless Mouse- Anyone who always is using a laptop’s touchpad can appreciate the convenience of a wireless mouse!
11. Keychain- A great stocking stuffer for any woman is a cute keychain. If they already have a nice keychain, get them a keychain charm!
12. Small Kitchen Gadgets- If you’re getting stocking stuffers for a woman that loves to cook, she’d probably appreciate small kitchen gadgets that make common cooking tasks easier.
13. Magnets or Pushpins- A woman that spends a lot of time organizing her life on a magnetic whiteboard or traditional corkboard would love to get some cute things to pin her notes with!
14. Fun Desk Toys- Some women that work in offices like to add little fun toys to their desk!
15. Collectibles- Does your gift recipient collect something small? Collectible statues, small vintage items, and precious stones make great stocking stuffer ideas for women!
16. Chocolate- Most women love chocolate! Just make sure you’re not getting dark or white chocolate if your gift recipient is a milk chocolate fan.
17. Slippers- You can fit a cozy pair of slippers in most stockings!
18. Coffee Cup/ Teacup- If you’re filling the stocking of an avid coffee drinker, a pretty coffee cup is sure to be appreciated! And if she likes tea, then get her a cute teacup!
19. Notebook- Many women like to journal, or use a notebook to write down to-do lists. Aspiring novelists especially like to use notebooks to collect their ideas!
20. Scented Candle- Who doesn’t want their home to smell nice? Women also sometimes like to light candles to add ambiance to a relaxing bath.
21. Small Book- Not all books are the same size! Many humor and romance books are available as small paperbacks.
22. Tea Ball- Nowadays, many women are into loose leaf tea. Which means that tea balls make good stocking stuffer ideas for women!
23. Hair Accessories- Any woman who often uses headbands, scrunchies, or hair clips would enjoy finding hair accessories in her stocking!
24. Fancy Soap- There are many stores online and offline that offer beautiful, colored bars of soap!
25. Sunglasses- Even the winter can be sunny! Luckily it’s not hard to find a stylish pair of sunglasses!